Writing an Essay When You're a Writer
- Writer: This is boring.
- Writer: How about a metaphor here?
- Writer: Oh, that's good.
- Writer: And some kickass description, that would be good.
- Writer: And quirky backtalk.
- Writer: Accusations.
- Writer: Sass.
- Writer: I know! Let's change the setting a bit!
- Writer: Oh, I have a character that would love this.
- Writer: Character?
- Character: Yeah?
- Writer: Pop into this story, would you?
- Writer: NO WAIT.
- Writer: THIS IS AN ESSAY.
- Writer: AND NOW I GOT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.
Aaaaaaaaaand loneliness is still getting worse. Yay.
“What we should really fear is not failure but the heart that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges.” —Kwon Jiyong (via ihatenietzsche)
The problem with the story I’m working on right now is that I’d rather read it than write it